Art theft!

Ομαδικά δημιουργικά παιχνίδια, το online μας περιοδικό ΟΠΤΙΚΟ Λ6ΚΟ και πολλά άλλα.

Art theft!

Δημοσίευσηαπό Rob Snow » 24.02.14, 9:09 am

Εικόνα
Hi
I just wanted to share my sad experience of finding out from a friend, that a Greek Graphic Designer had stolen my work.
The name of the designer is Elias Lampropoulos (going by the name of Elvis Lmps on Facebook).
I contacted the bar, Saraki in Patra, about this, on finding out.
I warned them that this was illegal and that i would take action. They talked to me, saying that they didn't know it was stolen. They also stated that they will take it down on Friday after the event.
I tried to explain, that they gained the attention from the design and use of my animal, and that taking it down didn't stop the illegality of it.
Luckily they (after 1 hour) removed the image, but still haven't complied with my request for official communication stating their wrong doing and that they will not attempt this again.

It was based on the idea from said designer that images are FREE on the internet. I state here, and stated to him, this is not the case. Just because it doesn't say you have to pay for it, doesn't mean you can break copyright laws and use without the artist's permission. The designer lied a lot about knowing me, and assuming it was OK, etc.
I just wanted to share this with you, as basically artists and designers don't work for free. their art is protected by copyright laws. I have a strict one listed on my site here!
They did two thefts in total, using the excuse, "I like your work, so thought it was OK."
Εικόνα

I will leave you with this thought:
Εικόνα
practice safe design : use a concept
Άβαταρ μέλους
Rob Snow

Re: Art theft!

Δημοσίευσηαπό vpapadopoulos » 28.02.14, 12:19 am

Hi Rob,

By having a quick look on their Facebook page I can say -with almost absolute certainty- that they have done it before and they will keep doing it!
It is your responsibility too, to pursue this further.

Have a good one!
Άβαταρ μέλους
vpapadopoulos

Επιστροφή στο IV.I VCDC Arena

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτή την Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 3 επισκέπτες

Visual Communication Designers Club

Το Visual Communication Designers Club, το μεγαλύτερο Ελληνικό online design forum, αποτελεί μια Ελληνική κοινότητα σχεδιαστών οπτικής επικοινωνίας, υπό την ευρύτερη έννοια του όρου, θέλοντας να συμπεριλάβει στα μέλη της κάθε ειδικότητα και βαθμίδα όσων σπουδάζουν ή εργάζονται στον χώρο της επικοινωνίας, έντυπης, διαδικτυακής, τρισδιάστατης ή εφαρμογών πολυμέσων